I am passionate about photographing influential people and people in love. Above all, I value instilling confidence in my clients and creating images that are as full of energy as the event itself.
My favorite things? Breakfast tacos, wine, planes, and trains!
I’m often talking so much about weddings and portraits on my social media sites but I do want to share some fun facts about me! To keep this authentic, these are all iPhone photos (except the funny picture of me!) and yes, that last one is definitely a phone photo! Crazy! Anyway, here are some things you should know:
1) I’m Peruvian! Ok, you probably already knew that one, but most people don’t know that I migrated to the US when I was eight! So I feel like I’m also fairly Americanized but I really hold on to my roots! Also, I think I have an American accent in Spanish (Fail…I’m working on it….but in the meantime, Spanglish!).
2) I minored in piano performance in college. All throughout grade school and college, I was in band. I played the clarinet and piano at first and then switched to trumpet for marching band. Most of my closest friends come from band at different grade levels–it’s actually pretty cool! After I had a close friend gift me a super cool musical instrument from Hawaii, I began seeking different instruments in Peru! I have a bunch of random things but some of these flutes are so fun!
4) If I could have California weather in DC, I would be in heaven. I cannot do the cold. As a few friends like to say to me when it’s cold, “This is not the weather of your people.” True statement! I will happily go out for very few things and one of them is taking photos! And in the instance below…getting my photo taken! You see all those headshots I have from the amazing Amanda Summers Photography? Yeah, we shot those in the winter when it was below freezing. I was shivering!! If you pay attention closely, my hands are a bit more red than my face on some photos!!! Also, this is what I really looked like during the shoot!!!
6) I’m lactose intolerant. I became lactose intolerant at age 22 and that was not fun! I blame it on a bunch of things but I’ve found something that made my life just a bit better: Cabot cheese! Thanks to my friend Sarah who informed me that it was lactose free AND it tastes the same.
7) I love oysters (seafood in general). I do have to mention one place I love: Hanks Oyster Bar! So so so good! I recently traveled to Maine and the oysters and lobsters there blew my mind!
9) Before moving to the district a few years ago, I lived in Maryland for 13 years (within the DC Metro area aka the “DMV”) . I essentially also grew up in Maryland as I went to elementary, middle, high school and college in the same state. Needless to say, I also consider myself a Marylander and I love crabs and will sprinkle Old Bay where I can.
10) I would much rather spend my days outdoors (when it’s “warm”) and traveling! There’s nothing more exciting than being somewhere but at a desk during the hours of 9-5 Monday through Friday! I recently started traveling more within the US to new states and I also traveled to Canada to photograph a wedding this year!! While the photo below isn’t Canada, I think it’s still pretty representative of the beauty of nature!
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 | Ana Isabel Photography | Web Design by Alex Collier Design
Ana Isabel is a portrait and event photographer in Washington, D.C. and San Antonio, TX.